We LOVE these adorable ballet flats, you guys! LOVE! I’ve been dying for a pair of these for a long time. I’ve seen cat flats in multiple online shops and put them in my virtual shopping cart, but I could never pull the trigger. Only recently did it occur to me that I could make my own, duh! Seriously, you won’t believe how easy these are, and I can’t wait to show you. Keep reading for the instructions.
- Ballet flats or any plain, round-toe shoes
- Masking tape or painter’s tape
- Paint brush(es)
- Paint (acrylic if your shoes are leather/faux leather, fabric paint if they’re canvas)
- Optional: paint pen
- Tape a straight line across the toe cap of your shoes.
- Paint the toe cap in a contrasting color. Remove the tape immediately.
- Freehand little triangles for the kitty ears.
- In a contrasting color, create the kitty face and whiskers. I used a paint pen for this step, but you can use a detail brush with paint if you prefer. All done! Now admire your handiwork and #humblebrag to all your friends when they compliment your adorable shoes!
We’re obsessed with how these turned out! This project was so quick, easy, and most of all, FUN! Hopefully you enjoy it as much as we did, because WE LOVE THIS STUFF!